From: Bas Zoutendijk <slzoutendijk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bash scrip prompt after bootstrap
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 20:40:49
1 On Mon 2 Apr 2018 at 14:36:00 -0400, Tom H wrote:
2 > You have "dev/tty". It should be "/dev/tty".
3
4 Thank you for catching that typo, I lost the slash somewhere between
5 the first and second syntax. In my case it was harmless, because I
6 chrooted into a filesystem root, such that dev/tty == /dev/tty, and I do
7 not see how this is related to Thelma’s error messages.
8 Thelma, I suggest you use Ian’s solution, it is much simpler than
9 mine. If you want we can continue looking why my solution does not work
10 for you.
11
12 Sincerely,
13