From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] I've hosed portage
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 01:22:46
1 I unmasked portage-2.2_pre4 to see if it would help with the extreme
2 slowness of portage updating of its cache during a sync. I had also
3 previously emerged cdb to try to help with that also. Anyway, I'm not
4 really sure what state my portage is in right now, except that now every
5 emerge command returns
6
7 festus@gentoovm ~ $ emerge --info
8 Traceback (most recent call last):
9 File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 31, in ?
10 import emergehelp, xpak, commands, errno, re, socket, string, time, types
11 File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/emergehelp.py", line 7, in ?
12 from portage_const import PRIVATE_PATH,PRELINK_BINARY,HASHING_BLOCKSIZE
13 File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage_const.py", line 7, in ?
14 from portage_const import PRIVATE_PATH,PRELINK_BINARY,HASHING_BLOCKSIZE
15 ImportError: cannot import name PRIVATE_PATH
16
17 I already tried
18 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/portage/doc/manually-fixing-portage.xml
19 but it didn't help. Me thinks I should have done a quickpkg!
20
21 Any help greatly appreciated.
22
23 Thanks,