From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How To set compile time options in emerge
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:32:58
1 Simon Prosser schreef:
2 > On Wednesday 18 January 2006 12:36, Oumar Ndiaye wrote:
3 >> Hi,
7 >> I installed php-4 via emerge but I am having problems getting php
8 >> to work with mysql. After many research I have concluded that php-4
9 >> is not compiled with the -with-mysql option.
13 >> I need to recompile php-4 with the -with-mysql option and reinstall
14 >> it. How do I do that with emerge or some other ways?
15 >
16 > USE="mysql" emerge dev-php/php
17 >
18 Which will work for this emerge, but if php is then upgraded, the USE
19 flag will be disabled again.
20
21 A better way is to either
22
23 1. add the "mysql" USE flag to /etc/make.conf USE flags (if you want to
24 enable mysql support for all packages that might support it);
25
26 or
27
28 2. add
29
30 dev-php/php mysql
31
32 to /etc/portage/package.use (to enable mysql support for this package only).
33
34 If the folder /etc/portage already exists, you can just do
35
36 # echo "dev-php/php mysql" >>/etc/portage/package.use
37
38 to enable the USE flag for that specific package.
39
40 HTH,
41 Holly
42 --