From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Dynamic IP address services.
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 19:35:43
1 On 2016-11-08 16:05, Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > Republicans have been trying to burn Hillary Clinton at the stake for
4 > the past couple years because during her tenure as Secretary of State
5 > she and her staff ran used their own mail server rather than use the
6 > State Department's email system. [They weren't very good about
7 > following backup and archiving procedures.]
8 >
9 > From what I've read, the State Department's email system was
10 > notoriously bad and previous Secretaries of State had also gotten so
11 > frustrated with availability and functionality problems that they used
12 > outside email systems as well.
13
14 Yea, that is my take on it as well - this was a completely manufactured
15 controversy. I'd even bet that HRC's server was actually the more
16 secure one.
19 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
20 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
21 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html