From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from Lastpass to Bitwarden
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 15:04:31
1 On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 15:22:52 +0100, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2
3 > Call me Ishmael^wold-fashioned. I don’t trust the Internet with anything
4 > sensitive. Even if the other party behaves trustworthy (trustwortily?).
5 > If it’s on someone else’s system, it’s out of my reach. A password
6 > database not only contains the passwords themselves, but naturally also
7 > what I have passwords for in the first place.
8
9 [snip]
10
11 > So the natural answer for my password needs is keepass (by now the XC
12 > variant). I sync it between my Linux machines with all other files using
13 > unison.
14
15 That's what I was using, but I now run my own BitWarden server, so I get
16 the convenience and the security.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 If at first you don't succeed, you'll get a lot of free advice from
23 folks who didn't succeed either.