From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.0 and dbus compile error
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:54:37
1 On Jan 22, 2008 6:42 AM, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I started my emerge of KDE 4.0 a while ago and I keep getting this error:
5 <snip>
6 > > * You are building Strigi with qt4 but without dbus.
7 > > * Strigiclient needs dbus to detect a running Strigi daemon.
8 > > * Please enable both qt4 and dbus.
9 > >
10 <snip>
11
12 Hi Dale-
13
14 I didn't get this error specifically when I was compiling kde 4.0 with
15 qt 4.4.0 (I might have upgraded to qt 4.4 after I had already compiled
16 strigi), but I know that, right now, the changes in the qt 4.4 API
17 aren't supported by (at least) several of the KDE 4.0 packages - they
18 just won't compile with it. Also, many of the ebuilds that check *how*
19 qt is built before compiling do *not* yet support the way that qt 4.4
20 has been split out into several packages (do an eix -I qt- to see all
21 the packages that qt has been split to in addition to just
22 x11-libs/qt) - in short, I had to re-mask qt 4.4 and downgrade before
23 I could continue installing kde 4.0 - the qt 4.4 and kde 4.0 just
24 aren't quite ready to mix yet (and qt 4.4 isn't quite ready to mix w/
25 Gentoo yet, either - there'll have to be a fair amount of ebuild
26 changes to other packages to support it).
27
28 HTH-
29
30 James