From: Maxime Robert-Schreyers <rsm@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] switching to LCD monitor
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:01:05
1 Hello
2
3 Philip Webb wrote:
6 >My question to anyone who can advise is this:
7 >do I just unplug the CRT & plug in the LCD ? will it work so simply ?
8 >If not, what more is needed ?
9 >
10 >I looked at the Gentoo forum, wiki & dox, but found nothing to help.
14 The horysontal sync and vertival refresh rates aren't likely
15 to be the same, so you'll have to adapt your current xorg.conf
16 I've read a few times that wrong values can harm your screen
17 (but never seen it happen) so be careful.
18
19 Or you can use 'xorgconfig' and answer the questions step by step.
20 I did this on a 17'' dell TFT at work and it worked first try.
21
22 Good luck
23 Maxime
24 --