From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] netqmail and saving a copy of outgoing mail
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 16:21:27
1 On 7 Oct 2009, at 10:42, Andrea Momesso wrote:
2 > On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Momesso Andrea
3 > <momesso.andrea@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> I have mail server running netqmail and vpopmail set up following
5 >> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/qmail-howto.xml.
6 >>
7 >> I can't find a way to make the server taking care of storing all
8 >> sent messages.
9 >> Googoling around I found that this is usually done client side, but
10 >> I have the
11 >> need to do this server side.
12 >>
13 >> Is it possible?
14 >>
15 >> ---
16 >
17 > Sorry for the bump, it's not my usual behavior, but I really need an
18 > answer.
19 >
20 > Maybe I've not made myself clear on what I'm asking for. I run an SMTP
21 > server that is used by some
22 > apps, such as joomla, to send email to users. Since I'm doing some
23 > tests before putting the site online,
24 > I'd like to have a copy of all the emails sent by my smtp server, no
25 > matter who sends it (is it a local user, or
26 > joomla, or a remote user from his client).
27 >
28 > Is it possible? Do I have to provide more information about the setup
29 > of my server?
30
31 When I read your message the other day I read the howto you followed
32 and googled your problem.
33
34 netqmail is the package that you're using for outgoing SMTP, so it's
35 irrelevant that you're using vpopmail.
36
37 I tried search terms such as "netqmail save copy outgoing" but did not
38 find much to help. I have seen this documented using Postfix, but have
39 never used netqmail myself.
40
41 Stroller.