From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alsa build problem
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:52:16
1 On 3/28/06, Technomancer <zauberschloss@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello guys! I'm having some trouble building alsa on my machine.
3 >
4 > The alsa kernel driver builds fine, but I get many error messages when
5 > alsasound tries to load the module and also a lot of error messages
6 > when the service is stopped.
7 >
8 > I tried to build the modules with alsa-driver (I have disabled the
9 > alsa option in the kernel) but it fails to compile, with the following
10 > error:
11 >
12 > include/linux/pci.h:460: error: syntax error before numeric constant
13
14 I think we are going to need a few more preceding lines here.
15
16 Also, which kernel version are you trying to build against?
17
18 -Richard
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list