From: brettholcomb@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Contributing to Portage
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:08:53
1 Check out the doc pages on Gentoo about creating ebuilds. You can use existing ones as models.
4 > From: John Lange <john.lange@×××××××.ca>
5 > Date: 2005/10/06 Thu AM 11:15:32 EDT
6 > To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
7 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Contributing to Portage
10 > I frequently need things installed from portage but the most recent
11 > version is not available. (digikam is a recent example).
12 >
13 > I'd be happy to grab the most recent stable source and make it work in
14 > Gentoo Portage and contribute it...
15 >
16 > Is there a How-To for this?
17 >
18 > My apologies, I know this must be someplace but for the life of me I
19 > can't find it.
20 >
21 > --
22 > John Lange