From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Jenkins
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 19:03:42
1 Hello one and all,
4 I want to first install Jenkins on a single multicore amd system, so
5 I found this brief guide (which seems simple enough):
6
7 https://code.google.com/p/godin-gentoo-repository/wiki/Jenkins
10 What I also need is an example collection of code to run Jenkins-CI scripts
11 on, sort of as a benchmark. I figure it would be best to learn about
12 Jenkins by merely trying to follow/duplicate an existing (hopefully small)
13 Jenkins CI project. Basically a monkey-see-monkey-duplicate sort of endeavour.
16 This will also allow me to then duplicate the Jenkins-CI onto the gentoo
17 mesos clusters (small right now) I have built to debug problems or issues
18 with Jenkins running on a gentoo-mesos-cluster. Ideas on how to perform
19 comparison (benchmarks) between the single multi-processor Jenkins-CI and
20 the one on top of a cluster, would be warmly received too.
23 After that is completed and stable, then I'm going to attempt to move
24 other codes to this gentoo-mesos-jenkins-CI framework.
27 Any suggestions are most welcome.
28
29 James