From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] -nls
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:12:53
1 Jim wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On 163381024 kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >> Jim wrote:
7 >>> Has anyone gotten burned by turning off Native Language Support?
8 >>>
9 >> The only thing I've ever run into on the server side that wanted it was
10 >> the Horde framework requiring PHP to have NLS... however I didn't look
11 >> real hard for a workaround so that might not have been a hard requirement.
12 >>
13 >> kashani
14 >
15 > Thanks kashani.
16
17 BTW I went with -nls in /etc/make.conf and added +nls to
18 /etc/portage/package.use for PHP on that server. That worked well so I
19 assume you can just add NLS as needed to any web framework stuff.
20
21 kashani
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list