From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: Users Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Emerging LIRC with LIRC_DEVICES
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:20:50
1 I'm trying to set up LIRC so I can use my Creative RM-1500 Remote that
2 came with my SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. To set it up I have to set the
3 LIRC_DEVICES variable specifically for app-misc/lirc. Per recent
4 thread, I thought I just needed to set the variable in
5 /etc/portage/app-misc/lirc; however, emerge doesn't seem to be picking
6 it up. It does pick it up if I set it in /etc/make.conf, but I'd rather
7 limit it to just the building of LIRC.
8
9 I already emerged lirc by setting it on the command-line; emerge wants
10 to rebuild lirc - for example, I had to set LIRC_DEVICES on the command
11 line for emerging vlc to keep vlc from rebuilding lirc too.
12
13 Am I not understanding the /etc/portage/app-misc/lirc thing right?
14 What am I doing wrong?
15
16 (I don't mind rebuilding lirc once more, but I'd like to get it set-up
17 right.)
18
19 TIA,
20