From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev not getting unmounted at shutdown/reboot
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 05:15:11
1 On 11/17/05, abhay <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > A few days ago my system hung and I had to do a reboot by pressing the power
5 > button. Since then I get the following message while shutdown/reboots
6 >
7 > Remounting remaining filesystems readonly [!!]
8 > umount : udev busy - remounted read-only
9 > umount : /: device is busy
10 > umount : /: device is busy
11 > umount : /: device is busy
12 > Give root password for maintenance
13 > (or type Control-D to continue):
14
15 Try doing an "init 1", "umount -a", then "lsof /dev". Any processes
16 with a device node still open should show up there.
17
18 -Richard
22 > If I don't do anything then the system reboots in approximately 5 seconds but
23 > on reboot it says that "/" filesystem is NOT clean. I boot into Slackware (my
24 > alternate distro) and during boot it replays over 100 transactions on Gentoo
25 > partition. It is a kind of routine. I shutdown/reboot, get the above
26 > mentioned message and then a "filesystem is NOT clean" on next boot. How can
27 > I get rid of this annoyance? Can this error harm my install any way?
28 >
29 > Versions I am currently using
30 > sys-fs/udev-070-r1
31 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.14-r2
32 >
33 > I have tried re-emerging udev but it did not help.
34 > Googling did not bring any results either.
35 >
36 > Any ideas to solved this problem will be highly appreciated.
37 >
38 > Regards,
39 > Abhay
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list