From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SIP clients
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:23:58
1 On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:03:02 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > Any preferred SIP softphone on Gentoo? I've used Ekiga on Windows and
4 > Ubuntu, and it's only moderately painful there, but it's very, very,
5 > very old on Gentoo.
6
7 Ekiga 3.2.7 is the latest on their web site and it has been in portage
8 for just over a year, according to the Changelog. The Changelog hasn't
9 been updated since March, so a stabilisation request would seem to be in
10 order.
11
12 > If there are no good options, I'll stick with the SIP client on my
13 > android phone, for now. (hardphone isn't an option)
14
15 I prefer to use sipdroid than be tied to my computer during a call.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I have a mind like a steel...uh...thingamajig...