From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem making bootable usb key
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 17:20:11
1 > Was quite easy using "unetbootin", it's in the portage
2 > tree.
3 > There is also a MS Windows version of this tool.
4 > "emerge -va unetbootin"
5
6 Thanks Joost,
7
8 I did an emerge -pv unetbootin earlier but there were lots of blocks and masks plus it wants >100M downloads and I only get 2k from dialup here.
9
10 Didn't realize there was a Windows version. Better not wipe XP yet!
11
12 So I got this:
13
14 http://launchpad.net/unetbootin/trunk/276.exe/+download/unetbootin-eeeubuntu-windows-276.exe
15
16 (3.5M)and pointed it at the iso. Did the deed and rebooted. Now it's telling me:
19 Invalid or corrupt kernel image.
20
21 So I guess it's back to the Wifi Cafe to dawdle over my coffee for an hour while I download another. Better run the checksum this time -- if Xandros has the tool!
22
23 mw
27 Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca