From: Anthony Delannoy <anthony.2lannoy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel headers
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 10:23:58
1 Thanks! That's what I was looking for :)
2
3 Le November 13, 2019 4:42:54 PM UTC, Aidan Harris <me@×××××××××.is> a écrit :
4 >You could utilise package.provided to make portage assume the headers
5 >are installed. e.g:
6 >
7 >/etc/portage/profile/package.provided/sys-kernel/linux-headers:
8 >
9 >sys-kernel/linux-headers-5.3
10 >
11 >With that portage will assume that the kernel headers for
12 >linux-headers-5.3 are installed. The dependency will still be satisfied
13 >
14 >and nothing will break as long as you really _do_ have the kernel
15 >headers for 5.3 installed (e.g you're doing `make headers_install` when
16 >
17 >building your kernel).
18 >