From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Android ADB emerge fails on amd64
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 13:45:56
1 > On Jan 29, 2019, at 08:12, m4110c <disquz@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Thus spoke Andrew Udvare (audvare@×××××.com):
4 >>
5 >> Choose another JDK with 'eselect java-vm set system ...'. You might need to install another like icedtea or Oracle's version.
8 > I use Oracle JDK 1.8. I thought maybe I need a 32bit JDK, because it
9 > installed some dependencies with the abi_x86_32 use flag.
10 >
11 > How would that work then. Do I have to switch (eselect) JDKs whenever I want to
12 > use Android ADB stuff?
13
14 Without other configuration, any Gentoo setup can only have one JVM going (one for system and one for local user). So if you have apps that are incompatible between JVMs you will have to switch every time.
15
16 I'm not sure ADB is a Java app, but I think it's not, so you don't have to switch just for ADB.
17
18 The Android SDK binary distribution comes with its own copy of the JDK IIRC, if you want to go with that.