From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Huh? Can't find a KDE volume control
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:17:42
1 On Thursday 12 June 2008, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > Okay, it's early and I'm feeling stupid. But with all the KDE
3 > packages, I can't find one that actually controls the sound volume.
4 > Usually, I like to have the sound on but when I'm playing games it's
5 > sometimes just too much noise.
6 >
7 > I've looked in the KDE control center, and can't find anything that
8 > does the job. Presumably I haven't emerged the crucial
9 > thing. I do have arts emerged, and in my USE flags, or my KDE games
10 > would be mute.
11 >
12 > What do you all like to use?
13
14 alsamixer for the more "involved" stuff :-)
15
16 A gkrellm module is my day2day control and if I really want a KDE
17 control, there's kmix
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list