From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] mutt, with USE="gpg", can't open a signed message
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 18:19:13
1 mutt couldn't handle the message from Klaus Ethgen, listed in menu as...
2
3 Apr 19 Klaus Ethgen (1.5K) [gentoo-user] emerge colors and light background
4
5 Trying to open it gave following message in status line at bottom...
6
7 Could not copy message
8
9 Google searching found other people with the same problem, only with
10 signed messages. There was speculation about mutt and gpg not working
11 together well, but no solutions specified. I came up with a rather
12 heavy-handed solution.
13
14 I originally had the "gpg" USE flag enabled for mail-client/mutt in
15 package.use. Setting "-gpg" for mutt, and rebuilding "solves the
16 problem", at the cost of removing gpg functionality. Just a heads up in
17 case anybody else runs into the same problem.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications