From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: GRUB: Configuring a softlevel for grub
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 21:37:25
1 On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 12:33:27 -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > I was hoping for something along the lines of
4 >
5 > >> hypothetical /etc/grub.d/99_local
6 >
7 > #! /bin/bash
8 >
9 > GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="${GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT}
10 > softlevel=offline" GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="Gentoo Offline"
11 > . /etc/grub.d/10_linux
12 >
13 > <<
14 >
15 > ... but there's plenty that could go wrong with this. I don't know
16 > grub in enough detail to understand how the /etc/default/grub variable
17 > values are patched in. That was why I asked here.
18
19 That may well work, although you may need to export the variables. You've
20 nothing to lose by trying as you can have grub2-mkconfig send its output
21 anywhere, so you don't need to touch your existing grub.cfg while testing.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Law of Mechanical Repair: After your hands become coated with
28 grease, your nose will begin to itch.