From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ASUS M4A88T-M/USB3 and RTL-8168
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:08:51
1 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Thanks for all the input, Dale and Volker!
3 >
4 > I think I settle for a GA-880GMA-UD2H ([1]). Basically, it's the little
5 > brother of what Volker proposed. I need a Micro-ATX board. Originally, I
6 > ruled out all Asrock and Gigabyte boards because because they usually
7 > come with 2 PCI slots, 1 PCIe x16 and 1 PCIe x1. I rather want another
8 > PCIe 1x instead of the second PCI slot. Asus, Foxconn and MSI offer that.
9 >
10 > This particular Gigabyte board, however, offers a second PCIe 4x (in a
11 > physical x16 slot). I guess that's even better. Although the arrangement
12 > on the board will make it dificult to use two larger extension cards in
13 > both big PCIe slots.
14 >
15 > Regards,
16 > Florian Philipp
17 >
18 > [1]
19 > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128445&Tpk=GA-880GMA-UD2H
23 When you get ready to build your kernel, check out this link.
24
25 http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/Giga-byte/GA-880GMA-UD2H+rev2.0
26
27 That should tell you what drivers it needs and save you some headaches
28 trying to figure them out.
29
30 Nice mobo too. ;-)
31