From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] pop3 server advice
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:38:50
1 On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:44:12 -0500, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > I need to install a pop3 server for very light usage. So my wife can
4 > pull her mail off my home lan linux server to her windows XP home box.
5 >
6 > Any experienced users have a suggestion for which one to install?
7 > Just reading the esearch one line descriptions I favored `teapop'
8
9 I used teapop for a while, and it is good as a basic POP3 server. I
10 switched to Dovecot when I needed IMAP too, so I could use squirrelmail
11 with it.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
18 Teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.