From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gigabyte mobo latency
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 03:13:56
1 James wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
3 >
4 >
5 > https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/cg-manager-
6 > developers/2011-July/000002.html
7 >
8 >
9 >
10 > At the very least it has educational value. I'll have to test this
11 > and some other codes....
12 >
13 > Thx,
14 > James
15 >
16 >
17 >
18
19 Hi James,
20
21 I did some more digging later on and it seems it may have died. I found
22 a thread where it seems devs were of the opinion that normal users
23 shouldn't manage this to much so a tool like this was not needed. At
24 least that was the impression I got but the thread was a bit dated so
25 who knows what else may have changed. They may have slapped a new name
26 on it and it may be very much alive, somewhere out there. If it is tho,
27 I couldn't find it, yet.
28
29 I been following this thread just to see how this cgroup stuff works.
30 I'm just curious. I to was hoping for a GUI tool to manage this sort of
31 thing. Heck, I might would even set it up and play with it a bit. I
32 run multiple Firefox profiles here and this could help with a few issues.
33
34 If you do find something, please share what you find. I am interested
35 for sure even if I don't post much.
36
37 Thanks.
38