From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody using lightdm?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 22:40:58
1 >> Has anyone set up lightdm?  I'm using it with the default config file
2 >> but I get a black screen with no error in Xorg.0.log.  gdm works fine.
3 >>  Any ideas?
4 >
5 > I'm not using lightdm, but my understanding is that it's as minimalist
6 > as you can get while still technically using a display manager. Check
7 > into its configuration in /etc/config, etc. Find out exactly what it's
8 > using (launching) for an xinitrc.
9 >
10 > Also check out ~/.X*, and see if there are any user-local errors or logs of use.
11
12 Thanks, got it working by recompiling udev as mentioned in the last
13 comment here:
14
15 http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org/2011/09/18/lightdm-on-gentoo-artwork-needed/
16