From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Choice of MUA
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 00:58:45
1 On 2016-08-10 13:36 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > > This week I tried Claws-mail. Creating and populating an MH folder
4 > > structure for it from my KMail directory were easy, and it looked as
5 > > though it would make a good alternative to KMail. But I can't do
6 > > anything without the mouse! And scrolling operates in the message list
7 > > instead of the message.
8 >
9 > The cursor keys scroll the message list. Use Return to scroll the message
10 > a line at a time, space for a page at a time. Add shift to scroll up.
11 >
12 > Use tab to switch active panes. Keyboard control is, for me, the weakest
13 > point of Claws, but it is a lot better than you think.
14
15 Before I switched to mutt last year, I was a claws user. I remember I
16 wrote up one or two patches to make keyboard operation a bit less
17 painful. You may be able to find them in the claws mailing list
18 archives; just look for my name and address. If you don't find anything
19 I can help (but I don't offer to do any work on the patches themselves).
20
21 What finally made me switch to mutt was the cold shoulder my patches
22 received, rather than anything about the program itself as it was then.
23 I realized my different priorities made me out of place in that
24 community.
27 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
28 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?