From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Notification of ebuild status
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 05:26:47
1 Hi all,
2 Yonks ago, literally four years ago, 14/7/14, I posted something here
3 about the whole emerge process being able to make a noise when the
4 emerge process either succeeded or failed. Success, play some decent
5 music, fail, play some crap music. I got some good relies and then
6 promptly put that task on to the "I'll have to get around to that" list.
7
8 I'm now in the process of building a machine from scratch and thought I
9 would revisit this. Last night I worked it out but before I tidy it up
10 and post what I did here, for everyones edification, I though I would
11 ask if anyone knows if the emerge system has implemented anything in the
12 last four years that automagically does this?
13
14 Any thoughts?
15
16 Andrew