From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions regarding the usage of multiple locales
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:41:32
1 David W Noon wrote:
2 > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 13:40:01 +0200, Mick wrote about Re: [gentoo-user]
3 > Questions regarding the usage of multiple locales:
4 >
5 > [snip]
6 >
7 >> Hmm... I've added all this in my /etc/env.d/02locale:
8 >>
9 >> LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
10 >> LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
11 >> LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
12 >> LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"
13 >> LC_COLLATE="C"
14 >> LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8"
15 >> LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"
16 >> LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
17 >> LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
18 >> LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
19 >> LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
20 >> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
21 >> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
22 >>
23 > Did you run env-update afterwards?
24 >
25 > I ditched all those /etc/env.d settings for locale, and put mine
26 > in /etc/profile.d/local.sh as follows:
27 >
28 << SNIP >>
29
30 Something I run into sometimes, if you are using KDE, log out then log
31 back in. I run into this pretty regular and usually forget. I have
32 been sort of half reading this thread and seem to recall reading you are
33 using KDE. I know this applies to when you change the groups a user is
34 in. Ran into that the other day. This may apply to other desktops as
35 well. I only have KDE here. Just thought I would mention just in case.
36
37 Dale
38