From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: X/ati/amd/kde4/hal/evdev/??? problem
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:24:53
1 Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.5-upgrade-guide.xml
6
7 Yes I've read it severaltimes. everthing I try fails.
8
9 No xorg.conf does not work either. I seem to get closer
10 with hacking down the xorg.conf file, but now I'm stumped.
13 > Cause it explains a lot about how input devices are handled by hal
14 > with xorg 1.5. It even explains changes to xorg.conf (if you decide to
15 > keep one).
18 Yea, big mental breakdown here. I've been using X/bsd/linux/unix
19 for decades but I'm a beatin down looser this time around, or
20 else I would not be posting to a public forum like this....
23 I need suggestions as to how to whittle it down further.
24
25 ideas?
28 Jaems