From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: "No CUDA device found" with nvidia-drivers newer than nvidia-drivers-396.24-r1(
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 17:14:17
1 On 15/08/18 18:45, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 >
3 > I put nvidia-uvm explictly into /etc/conf.d/modules - which was not
4 > necessary ever before....and it shows the same problems: No cuda
5 > devices.
6 >
7 > I think I will dream this night of no cuda devices... ;(
8
9 Or you might want to use the LTS (Long Term Support) driver series for
10 now, which is 390.x (390.77 being the latest of that series.)
11
12 You can see what the latest LTS series is by going here:
13
14 https://nvidia.com/drivers
15
16 Select your GPU and "Linux 64-bit" and click search. This will tell you
17 what the currently recommended "stable" driver is.