From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: I want to get excited, but I just *know* they're going to mess it up...
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:24:00
1 On Friday 29 January 2010 23:59:36 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 23:39:37 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 > > I don't think his objections are just related to public vs private. As
4 > > Neil said, there's the security problem to begin with, where one large
5 > > government data centre has more data to compromise that a small one...
6 >
7 > On the other hand, centralised storage means you shouldn't get idiots
8 > posting out CDs with millions of people's bank account details. There
9 > again, if the admins are lax enough to allow people to do this,
10 > and people are daft enough to do it, they would have real trouble
11 > understanding the concept of central storage :(
14 You seem to grossly under-estimate the ability of the average idiot.
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com