From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: To all IPv6-slackers among the Gentoo community
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 04:51:03
1 On 2019-11-27, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I went to your link for Openwrt.  I found Linksys E2500 in the list.
4 > When I go search for one, ebay etc, I then find E2500-NP with N600 also
5 > mentioned.  Some even say E2500 and E2500-NP in the same description.  I
6 > think the N600 has something to do with the wireless stuff.  If I want
7 > to use Openwrt, does the -NP make any difference?  The link doesn't
8 > mention the -NP version.  The N600 affect anything?  I'm trying to get a
9 > dual band version since my current cell phone supports both I think but
10 > if I get a new cell phone, it may want the other band, N I think it is
11 > called.  :/
12
13 The TP-Link Archer C7 runs openwrt flawlessly:
14
15 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tp-link-archer-ac1750-dual-band-wi-fi-5-router-black/5889900.p?skuId=5889900
16
17 A couple months ago when I was shopping, there was also a newer A7
18 version. That still requires a bleeding edge version of OpenWRT. So
19 I opted for the older hardware just to be safe.
20
21 The Linksys WRT3200ACM claims to be designed to run OpenWRT, but I had
22 constant problems with it and finally gave up.
23
24 For OpenWRT, the usual advice is to avoid Broadcom hardware: the
25 driver support is close-source and rather marginal.