From: Tim Igoe <tim@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Newbie - Missing IPtables
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:49:08
1 cd /usr/src/linux
2
3 make menuconfig
4
5 edit the kernel options to set up the iptables parts needed in the
6 kernel (can't rememebr where they are - not just at my normal box atm)
7
8 then install the new kernel like you did originally
9
10 emerge iptables to get the user space tools to control the kernel
11 iptables chains.
12
13 Eldon Ziegler wrote:
14 > I successfully installed my first gentoo but didn't get iptables. The
15 > HOWTO says, "As for the kernel all you must do is enable iptable
16 > support." but not how to do that? Do I have to redo the complete
17 > install? (about 12 hours).
18 >
19 > Thanks
20 > Eldon Ziegler
24 Tim Igoe
25 tim@×××××××.uk
26 http://tim.igoe.me.uk - Personal Site
27 http://tv.igoe.me.uk - UK TV Guide
28
29 "Computers are like Air-con, open windows and they stop working!"