From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox and ssl
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 19:27:22
1 On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 12:18:45 -0500
2 Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
5 > wrote:
6 > >
7 > > On Friday 04 Jan 2013 12:45:01 Robert David wrote:
8 > >> Hi all,
9 > >>
10 > >> anyone have problem with firefox and selfsigned ssl? I tryed
11 > >> firefox and firefox-bin.
12 > >>
13 > >> Firefox:
14 > >> Problem loading page: Secure connection failed.
15 > >>
16 > >> Firefox-bin:
17 > >> No problem loading page.
18 > >>
19 > >>
20 > >> I tryed with/without system-sqlite. Rebuild nss. Nothing helped.
21 > >>
22 > >>
23 > >>
24 > >> Robert David
25 > >
26 > > Hmm .... it should flag up a warning and once you accept it there
27 > > shouldn't be a problem connecting.
28 >
29 > Some browsers (I don't know if FF is one of them) won't allow bypass
30 > depending on the cert details. I've seen "the server has requested
31 > strict validation" before.
34 > --
35 > :wq
38 Not seen certs that do that but HSTS http headers can prevent override.
39 Unfortunately even though an incorrect clock is perfectly acceptable to
40 SSL it is not to HSTS. I expect to hear user complaints getting
41 play.com to disable HSTS due to flat bios batteries (and no NTP is
42 seemingly no answer to this problem). My preference is a
43 compulsory header redirect to ssl. I've suggested a disable HSTS option
44 enabled by setting the mozilla master password. In any case he said it
45 worked in one copy of firefox so It's unlikely to be the culprit. I
46 assume you tested with the same url?