From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: start X at startup without a login manager
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:27:05
1 * Nikos Chantziaras (realnc@×××××.de) [20.03.09 17:18]:
2 > fei huang wrote:
3 > > I don't have any "xdm", "gdm" stuff but would like to start my windows
4 > > manager directly at startup, cause I'm the only one that use it.
5 >
6 > Install it anyway and use the "autologin" feature. I know that KDM
7 > supports it, and probably GDM too.
10 Well in that case, slim should be the better choice: no dependencies on
11 one of the two a little bloated DEs, and also has the autologin feature.
12
13 Sebastian
16 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
17
18 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de