From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Any centralized documentation on qemu-kvm?
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:44:48
1 Finally got the show on the road, with the boot ISO image booting, and
2 even showing the cute penguin <G>. A couple of more advanced questions
3 now that I have an expert on the line...
4
5 1) Are multiple "-redir" clauses allowed in the "qemu-kvm" boot command?
6 I've got port 22 redirected, and can copy files and tunnel various
7 services over scp/ssh. Having multiple "-redir" clauses (i.e.
8 re-mapping various ports) would allow a bit more flexibility.
9
10 2) What cpu settings should I use on the guest? The default is 1 core
11 of a "QEMU" cpu. I may go to 2 (The host has 4 cores). Does
12 "-march=native" handle it properly, or do I have to "cat /proc/cpuinfo"
13 and select features that show up in the "flags" line?
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>