From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] skype
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:56:17
1 Matthew R. Lee wrote:
2 > Well skype upgraded this morning to version 1.4.0.74 and it aint working.
3 > When I tried running it from the command line I get the following:
4 > /opt/skype/skype: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDBus.so.4: cannot
5 > open shared object file: No such file or directory
6 > revdep-rebuild doesn't pick any thing up
7 > Do I have to rebuild Qt? or another package? which one provides that library.
8 > I've tried down-grading to the previous version but that's now been
9 > package.masked
10 > This is a real pain in the buttocks. How can I phone home now? I can't afford
11 > the rip-off international phone charges at the moment!
12 > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
13 > Matt
16 I never used Skype, never even seen it run before. I did read on this
17 list that it needs version 3 of qt. If you don't have that installed,
18 may be worth a try. I have this installed on mine. x11-libs/qt-3.3.8-r2
19
20 I hope that helps. Long distance phone calls do suck. I can't imagine
21 international calls.
22
23 Dale
24