From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev upgrade and baselayout 2.2
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 14:41:23
1 On 2013-04-29 7:16 PM, Dustin C. Hatch <admiralnemo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 4/29/2013 17:35, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
3 >> Some give me pause:
4 >>
5 >> =sys-apps/baselayout-2.2
6 >>
7 >> Is baselayout 2.2 necessary for upgrading udev, or just optional?
8 >> Could I upgrade this without upgrading udev?
9
10 > I can't comment on baselayout 2.2 yet, as I have been holding off on
11 > updating it on my systems as well.
12
13 Why? No news item about baselayout 2.2, so whats the big deal?
14
15 Ooops... guess I'm forgetting the other times that some massively major
16 change was implemented with little to no warning breaking many people's
17 systems... ;)
18
19 But seriously... is there any major change in baselayout 2.2 to be
20 concerned about? any links for reading?
21
22 Incidentally, I already updated my shiny new gentoo VM to 2.2 and openrc
23 0.11.8, rebooted, nary a hiccup...