From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] switching adapter - power supply
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 17:35:09
1 I have a small box "VIA Eden Processor 1200MHz" it runs my asterisk and
2 hylafax but it is powered by those external 12V adapters (12V 5A).
3
4 They don't usually last long, max 2-years or less. I have a spare unit:
5 Switching Adapter Power Supply.
6 The box is in remote location so if it goes down due to PS I have to
7 there and restart it, it shut down twice on me this morning; I think
8 this adapter is going slowly.
9
10 If find/connect 12V adapter with higher Amps 10A or 15A will it help
11 extend the live of the these external power supplies?
12
13 Or take one of the old PS from an old case and solder the tip to 12V
14 line is better solution?
17 Thelma