From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sharing portage directories when dual booting x86 and amd64
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 18:14:15
1 At Fri, 25 May 2007 19:24:41 +0200 Roman Zimmermann <mereandor@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Am Freitag 25 Mai 2007 18:52 schrieb Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> As I mentioned, I would be dual booting into
5 >> *either* x86 or amd64. There is only one computer (my laptop)
6 >> involved; all filesystems are local.
7 >
8 > Since the two systems can never be booted simultanously you can AFAIK share
9 > all of those directories without problems. For DISTDIR this is especially
10 > useful to save download time...
11
12 Right
13
14 > I'd recommend to use separate LOGDIR so you're able do distinguish
15 > what happened in which system.
16
17 Good point and since the log for each compilation is separate, no
18 extra space will be involved.
19
20 thanks,
21 allan