From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Midori and Flash
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 02:33:32
1 Hi there!
2
3 I am using all kinds of web browsers. Firefox for sites I always want to
4 have open. Konqueror when I start a browser from scratch to look
5 something up. Chromium is also running, Mainly because I had trouble with
6 Firefox opening one window on another desktop.
7
8 Now I'd also like to use Midori, as a lightweight browser for using
9 Google+. The reason is that when I open Google+ in Firefox, I am
10 also logged in at Google when I using other tabs with Youtube or other
11 Google sites. If there's a way around this, I'd be happy to know about
12 it. But so I just thought, why not use Midori for Google+ only. But it
13 doesn't do Flash.
14
15 The FAQ says I have to export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins"
16 or wherever my plugins are, so I did this, using
17 /usr/lib/firefox/plugins, which looks right to me. But still Flash does
18 not work. How is this for other Midori users, is Flash working?
19
20 Wonko