From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fixed bug
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:03:02
1 On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 11:09 -0400, Daniel D Jones wrote:
2 > Isn't there also the option of leaving the existing package installed
3 > until
4 > the bug is fixed? If the package is currently working for him (the
5 > bug may
6 > be in some section of the program he seldom uses or it may only rear
7 > its head
8 > in certain configurations or circumstances which don't affect him,)
9 > why
10 > unmerge what's already there?
11
12 That's certainly possible, but I did not perceive that as the OP's
13 question. Admittedly, I didn't quite understand what the OP was asking
14 in the first place.