From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bash_history missing
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 23:40:06
1 On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 02:06:50PM -0700, maxim wexler wrote:
2 > >
3 > > Then set the same environment variables in your
4 > > current shell and they
5 > > should stick.
6 >
7 > Nope, .bash_history completely empty after a bunch of
8 > ls's. At least it didn't tell me to become root :o
9
10 Try exiting the session and log in again. AFAIK .bash_history doesn't
11 get updated until the session closes. If it does get updated in real
12 time, it would cause quite a bit of problem when, say, you have 5
13 xterms open and doing stuff in all of them, neh?
14
15 W
16 --
17 "What was the self-sacrifice? "
18 "I jettisoned half of a much loved and I think
19 irreplaceable pair of shoes. "
20 "Why was that self-sacrifice? "
21 "Because they were mine! " said Ford crossly.
22 "I think we have different value systems. "
23 "Well mine's better. "
24 "That's according to your... oh never mind. "
25 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 3 days, 22:00
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list