From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Colors of the USE flags in emerge --pretend
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:14:04
1 Benyamin Dvoskin wrote:
2 > Hi ,
3 >
4 > When running emerge -p for some package , one gets for each dependency
5 > and package a list of USE flags at the end of the line.
6 > some are colored in red , some blue
7 >
8 > what are the differences ?
9 >
10 > Thanks,
11 > Benny
14 From the emerge man page:
15
16 [ebuild U ] sys-devel/distcc-2.16 [2.13-r1] USE="ipv6* -gtk -qt%"
17 Here we see that the make.conf variable USE affects how
18 this package is built. In this example,
19 ipv6 optional support is enabled and both gtk and qt
20 support are disabled. The asterisk following
21 ipv6 indicates that ipv6 support was disabled the last
22 time this packages was installed. The per-
23 cent sign following qt indicates that the qt option
24 has been added to the package since it was
25 last installed. For information about all USE symbols,
26 see the --verbose option documentation
27 above.
28 *Note: Flags that haven't changed since the last
29 install are only displayed when you use the
30 --pretend and --verbose options. Using the --quiet
31 option will prevent all information from being
32 displayed.
33
34 The colors tend to follow what is being changed to make it more
35 noticeable. I think red is disabled or something to that effect. I
36 don't pay to much attention to the colors, I look for the percent sign
37 for changes. Keep in mind that you can change or disable those colors
38 locally too.
39
40 Dale
41