From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About to attempt EFI install, which modules to compile?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:08:49
1 On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 06:42:45 -0500, German wrote:
2
3 > > Install grub:
4 > > grub2-install --target=x86_64-uefi /to/your/partition
5 >
6 > Are you sure that grub is needed for EFI system? I doubt it. I used
7 > efibootmgr as per gentoo handbook. And it was also said that it is
8 > possible to boot EFI system without anything at all ( e.g. grub,
9 > efibootmgr)
10
11 No, GRUB is not needed. However, using some sort of boot manager makes
12 life easier and a number of us here are happy with Gummiboot.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas confused?
19 Because oct 31 is the same as dec 25.