From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Linux as a first platform? Was: Abut smb:// aware tools
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 02:34:50
1 On 4 Oct 2009, at 01:17, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > ...
3 > She worked with computers every day.. but I still knew nothing
4 > whatever about them. She also was very good friends with a couple for
5 > yrs, The guy was the `network' guy for UCSB a network system admin on
6 > most of there computer networks. Largely unix of one stripe or
7 > another.
8 >
9 > (Yeah I'm finally getting there)
10 >
11 > Over a yr or two I too became very good friends with him. As it
12 > turned out he had a son who was a troublesome handful.. a kid about 13
13 > or so at the time. Me and this kid hit it off pretty well and I sort
14 > of took it on myself to try to help him along... it turned out he did
15 > more helping along than I did.
16 >
17 > He was a linux advocate... a slackware guy, having learned about Unix
18 > from his dad.. and I guess Linux too.. It was really him who got
19 > me interested.... I started to see where that `computer stuff' was
20 > really nothing more than a very highly developed tool.
21 >
22 > I was a guy who liked good tools and had used many of every
23 > description. ...
26 Many thanks for your informative anecdote. I enjoyed very much
27 learning about you.
28
29 Stroller.