From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: pdf -> txt
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 17:11:03
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> [11-01-08 17:16]:
2 > <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
5 > > Can you give me a hint, how to create ASCII text from pdf files
6 >
7 > The simpliest method is to install app-text/acroread
10 > There is a button at the top to save out the pdf file into
11 > an txt file....
14 > -->File-->Save as Text
17 > Other tools, such as the one I mentioned previously, have
18 > greater capability, but need to be 'explored' and 'researched'
19 > and 'tested' by the potential user.
22 > hth,
23 >
24 > James
28 Hi James,
29
30 I explored the manual of that tool (pdftk) but didnt find any
31 hint of converting pdf ot txt.
32
33 Please, give me one little, a keyword, only an option
34 which I can search for in the documentation to find
35 out how to convert pdf to txt with pdftk.
36
37 Thank you so much in advance for any help regarding this!
38
39 Best regards and have a nice weekend!
40 mcc