From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:12:14
1 Arnau Bria wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I have little to offer to you...
4 >
5 > I have been having problems with same, but using a "real" mail server
6 > (for your root@localhost I assume you're using default postfix install,
7 > am I right?)
10 Thank you for you response.
11
12 1) About the "real" server: Well, "echo test | sendmail -t
13 root@localhost" works. I assume it should be enough, but I also tried
14 with "root@××××××××××.com realdomain.com" - no change.
15 2) Yes, it is postfix from the portage. Installed and configured as
16 described in the official documentation found at:
17 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/mailfilter-guide.xml
18
19 > I saw the error when a package finished its emerge, then portage told
20 > me that there was a problem with AUTH...
21 > Please, take a look after a package is compiled (not installed) to look
22 > for any special message.
23 > And also, take a look into postfix log file...
26 I see no errors. Neither while emerging, neither in the logs. No problem
27 with AUTH, because I use IP based policy for email relaying without
28 authentication.
29
30 Now. The things got even more weird and unexplainable for me. I did
31 "emerge -DuNav world" and there were some font packages to be rebuild
32 because of a change in the USE flags. After emerge finished I got emails
33 for the those packages but not a single message in the syslog. Another
34 thing I noticed is that packages emerged by "emerge -DuNav world" put
35 their logs in "/var/log/portage/elog/" while all other packages put
36 their logs in "/var/log/portage/".
37
38 Strange. I think I'm missing something simple but important. Any ideas?
41 Best regards,
42 Daniel
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list