From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Intel 3G HT processor flags
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 03:21:52
1 Hello,
2
3 /proc/cpuinfo reveals:
4 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
5 pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr
6 bogomips : 6140.75
9 In my make.conf flag I have these settings:
10 sse mmx
11
12 Should I add more of these flags, such as sse2 or acpi
13 to the make.conf?
14
15 If so, why?
16
17 Or should only set additional flags related to the processor
18 in package.use per package, pertaining to the flags which
19 are specific for the specific packages(ebuild)? For example
20 mplayer list both sse and sse2 flags as options. I guess what
21 I'm trying to figure out is exactly what (processor related)
22 flags to set in make.conf which processor flags to set
23 on package by package basis.
26 Any futher docs on these P4 flags and there merits are welcome.
29 James
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list