From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Errors in nonexistent partitions
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 16:05:33
1 On 13/09/20 13:26, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > So I'm still left wondering what to do. I'm happy that the hardware isn't on
3 > the blink, anyway.
4
5 Can you use gdisk to create a new partition in some empty space on the
6 disk, delete it again, and write a partition table? Basically anything
7 to get gdisk or gparted to actually write a new partition table (that
8 should be the same as the old one, of course).
9
10 If there are hidden problems that udisk or whatever is picking up on -
11 garbage data somewhere most likely - that's the most likely way of
12 clearing it.
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol